LaminTec 5-HT™ contains a unique ingredient (feverfew herb) standardised so that the same chemicals of the herb are available in every pot you buy, unlike many other products where the quality varies from tub to tub. Our research shows that serotonin is a key factor in Cushing’s disease; other researchers have also shown that serotonin may constrict the equine digital (hoof) blood vessels. This is important because when platelets are activated, they release serotonin into the blood circulation; feverfew is known to attenuate platelet activating factor. Additionally, parthenolide (a component of feverfew herb) has been shown to help protect equine digital blood vessels.
- Suitable for horses and ponies prone to laminitis, those with conditions such as Cushing’s disease or metabolic syndrome or where owners are worried about laminitis risk associated with weight gain and/or periods of high grass growth (spring and autumn). Can be fed all year round.
- Different from other products – backed by published science – includes a unique natural ingredient, ground feverfew herb. No current equine supplement has this ingredient.
- May help to decrease obesity; helpful for the ‘good doer’, fat cob, Shetland, Shire or other types of horse which put on weight easily.
- Feverfew is known to help balance body systems and assist in maintaining healthy circulation.
- Easy to use and good value (over 1 months supply per pot).
- Trialed with veterinary clients and horse sanctuaries.
- Flavoured with natural aniseed – very palatable to the horse.